CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, July 14, 2008

The day we met Brynly...

Today is Brynly's 4th birthday!!!! Today and everything about this day four years ago brings so many emotions to the surface, I can hardly talk/think about it without getting weepy. This is when I have felt the hand of Heavenly Father in my life more than any other. While camping Memorial Weekend 2004, Trent woke up and told me that he had a dream we adopted a baby girl and she had lots of dark hair and looked like him. I felt an urgency to finish our papers and we were approved for adoption June 26. We got a call July 15th from LDS Family Services that our baby girl was born the night before and we needed to pick her up in Twin Falls the following day! We were in shock since our papers had only been in for about 2 1/2 weeks and we were told it would be a minimum of 6 to 12 months or even years! After calling everyone we could think of to share the exciting news we hurried to get everything ready for our new arrival! Our family and friends were ecstatic to say the least...it was a day we had all prayed for!!! We were so excited and nervous we could hardly think straight! The moment that I held my daughter in my arms for the first time I knew that she was mine and the instant incredible feelings of love were indescribable. The placement of Brynly was truly one of the most spiritual experiences of my life. Brynly's birth family are amazing people, we felt an instant connection to them. The gift they have given us was something we could not do for ourselves, there is no way we will ever ever be able to show our true appreciation for this selfless act. I longed to be a mother since....childhood! Girls aways pretend to be mommies and being pregnant and that is what I wanted most, after my amazing husband! Trent was so excited to be a daddy, he wanted to start having kids before I did. We were completely crushed to find out that I may never be pregnant, but I must say that now we wouldn't change a thing...we are so LUCKY! Brynly is literally the daughter of our dreams we love her so much and can't imagine our life without her in it! We are so thankful to our Heavenly Father, and to Ashlee for your faith and the incredible sacrifice you made--- We love you! Happy Birthday sweet Brynly you are nothing short of a miracle to us, we love you sooooo much!
This was Brynly's birthday picture from last year, birthday party pictures from today coming soon....

17 comments:

JANEAL said...

So sweet....you made me cry. I hope she has a wonderful birthday! How blessed you are to have such a sweet little girl!

Holly said...

I love reading about adoption stories. What a neat experience for your family! Happy Birthday Brynly! She's beautiful!

Nichelle said...

That gave me chills and tears in my eyes! I love your adoption story, no matter how many times I hear it I can't help but think how blessed you guys are. She is such a sweetie! I hope that she has a great birthday!

Christina said...

I also got all teared up. That is an amazing story. There's no question she is yours! Happy Birthday Brynly! I'm so glad you guys have been blessed with two sweet little girls- you are great parents.

Shaunie said...

Hey, I hope you don't mind that I added you to my friends list. Anyways, this post gave me chills and made me tear up. Don't you just love being a mommy?!?! Well, I hope Brynly has a great birthday.

Bon said...

Thanks for sharing such tender sweet feelings. It made me tear up and be grateful for my own children! She is so beautiful and you seem like such a wonderful mother!

tHe BrOwn FaMiLy said...

Happy birthday Bryn! You are such a sweetheart.
Hope that you have a magical birthday. We will be thinking of you. What a miracle and blessing you are!

Ya'll are wonderful parents who love those girls both so dearly! We knew you would be awesome parents even before you became them. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

How sweet. She is adorable, I love that story!

Elise said...

Hi Sueann! Thanks for stopping by my neck of the web-- this is why I love blogs! I have LOVED reading about you guys and your beautiful girls and this post is incredible. Wow-- 2 1/2 weeks! You were truly meant to be Brynly's parents and she is just adorable.

Ashlee said...

Happy Birthday Brynly!!! I also love to hear the story over and over. It just makes me so happy. Thank you guys so much for everything. You are great parents and I'm so glad everything worked out the way it did! We love you guys and hope Brynly had a wonderful 4th birthday!

gina said...

That is a very touching story. I think she does look just like Trent! You have a darling family.

Abby said...

Happy Birthday Brynly!! You are getting to be such a big girl! Sueann and Trent, you guys are such wonderful parents. You have a beautiful family.

Boyd Fam said...

Every time I think of Brynly's story, I can't help but think about how blessed our family is to have her apart of it. She is such an amazing little girl & I love her to pieces! You are an amazing mother, just like we all knew you would be. She is a very lucky girl to have so many people who love her so much. I love you guys! Happy Birthday Bryn!

Kate Call said...

i can't believe she is 4!! she is so adorable.. and i remember hearing her story when i was going to the singles branch in iona.. it was either you or one of your sisters that spoke about it and it made me tear up then... i could tear up thinking about it right now! so neat.. and how lucky she is to have such amazing parents that LOVE her SO much! happy birthday brynly!

Amberlee said...

I think that your story is absolutely amazing and I just love to hear it! Thanks for making me cry :)

Happy Birthday Bryn! Hope you had a great day!

Robison's said...

That is so special about your girls, these precious kids sure are a gift. I am so happy that you guys have been blessed with such sweet girls. They sure are lucky.

Janetlee said...

I love this story! I can't wait fo the birthday pictures from this year.