Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Quote
Trent put this quote he found in his suit jacket on our fridge: "Seemingly little lessons of love are observed by children as they silently absorb the examples of their parents. Let us make certain that our examples are worthy of emulation. When our homes carry the legacy of love, we will not receive Jacob's chastisement as recorded in the Book of Mormon: 'Ye have broken the hearts of your tender wives, and lost the confidence of your children, because of your bad examples before them; and the sobbings of their hearts ascend up to God against you' (Jacob 2:35)". We aren't sure where this came from but I really like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love that! It's SO true!! :) Thanks for sharing.
Great quote- good job Trent!
That is really good. I might have to copy it for our family. Jim believes so much that it is good for children to see their parents in love.
I love this quote and have heard it before. I think in a conference talk.
Your girls weekend looked fabulous!!!
I love that quote. It is so very true and something that we should always remember. Thanks for sharing!
I really like that quote... its a good one!
That's great...thanks for sharing!
Sorry for a second comment. I have to admit I was blog stalking and looked at some of your links. Is the Brown family Trent's companion that wrote me from his mission? I haven't thought about that for years but I saw his picture and knew it had to be him. I probably still have all of his letters since I save everything. Just think, I could have been Christine Brown. J/K!!! I don't think we would have clicked, but seeing their blog did bring back lots of memories. We had so much fun!
It's crazy what we adults do and we don't realize that our children are always there watching every move we make. Sometimes we don't take a step back until our children pick up some of our bad habits. Thats a good quote. I had a girl in my primary activity day say today. I am going to write a letter to my mom and tell her not to divorce my dad because before I left for school they were fighting. I felt so bad, the things they pick up from us.
Post a Comment